Thursday, May 8, 2008

DRUG RECALL

Oh, I know I said I was going to bed but I've been meaning to post this for along time. It's a drug recall. If you don't want to believe my info you can look it up at www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa/ that tells when it first proposed to recall it back in 05 I believe. It's taken 3 years but they finally recalled it on April 7th 2008. Really great huh? I wonder how many more people had to have bleeding brains during those 3 years while they squabbled between making money or saving lives.
Stop taking drugs containing phenylpropanolamine. All medicines containing this ingredient are being recalled. "Lacy, do you know what medicines contain this ingredient?" I do, thank for asking. It is mainly in DIET, SINUS, FLU and COLD medicines. I will list some specifics in just a minute. "Lacy do you know why these drugs are being recalled?" I know that too! IT has been linked to an increased hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in brain). Let's see here, would I rather deal with cold symptoms or bleed in my brain..that's a tough one. hahah whoa, I'm a little sardonic tonight, sorry, must be the lack of sleep. The FDA is recommending that everyone seek alternative medicine. For the following drugs, their should be a 1-800 number somewhere on the package, if you call the number they will tell you about the recall and how to get your money back (I'm not sure if all of them are refunding but I know for sure some of them are)
Acutrim (plus, Diet Gum, and Maximum strength)Alk-Seltzer (ALL kinds) BC Allergy & BC Sinus, Comtrex Flu Therapy, Contac Day & Night, Contac 12 hour caplets, Coricidin D Cold, Dexatrim (all kinds), Deimetapp (all kinds), Naldecon, Permathene Mega-16, Robitussin CF, TAvist-D 12 hour relief, Triaminic (ALL KINDS) Triaminic is voluntarily recalling the following medicines because of a certain ingredient that is causing strokes and seizures in children: orange3D , Cold & Allergy Cherry (pink), 3D Cold & Cough Berry, 3D Cough Relief Yellow, 3D Expectorant. This is the one that will refund if you call with the lot # from the box . Thanks for reading this, pass on the information because I think this is pretty important.

No comments: