Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thurs & Fri Recap


This is Jordan laughing hysterically at his sister playing in HIS toy. She thinks she's funny and apparently he does too.

Thursday-- Derek's first Thursday without school. yay! Finals are over and we get a little more of him for a few more weeks until summer semester. I took jade to preschool and worked until 2:15. Derek tagged me and he went to work and I stayed with our youngins. around 4 I realized that Conny had a pre-op appointment on fri and we weren't going to be in town for it, so I hurried and called the doctor's office. (Conny is the developmentally diabled woman who lives with us, you'll find other posts about her under the label, Conny :) The receptionist said we could come in right now. so I threw everyone in the car and we headed to the ENT doctor (just what we love to do) We got the run-down on her surgery which is scheduled for Tuesday and then drove lickety split to the hospital to do labs, x-rays, and and EKG. "didn't you just take Conny to get x-rays?" well yes, yes I did, but these are chest x-rays and for some reason when I suggested we do them all on Wednesday, my suggestion was overruled. THANKFULLY my truck driving parents were coming in to town Right then and met us at the hospital. Our hospital trip would not have gone as smoothly had it been party of 4 instead of a party of 2. Conny is tricky enough in situations like that, I'm glad I didn't have to throw Jadelyn and Jordan in the mix. Afterward, mom came with us and Dad went home in the car. We had quite the adventure. Jadelyn had fallen asleep (a nap which she desperately needed and even though it was 7:00, I welcomed it. I took the advantage of having another adult with us while in town and I went to Hastings (got some used books great buy!) I was hurrying quite quickly and I'm impressed with my picks. We've enjoyed them quite a bunch already. The soft one has many different feels and Jordan enjoys trying to eat it while Jadelyn enjoys all the dinosaur knowledge. Now, Charley and Lola, they are my favorite! I am NOT a cartoon lover, but I do have to say I love Charley and Lola. Now i"m not sure whether it's on Disney or nickelodeon, Disney I think, but I think it's SO cute. I was very excited to see they had books. I get to practice my very poor British accent while I read it and Jadelyn and I both enjoy it very much. This is the page where Charley tells Lola that her mashed potatoes aren't mashed potatoes, but is actually cloud fluff from the highest peek of Mount Fuji. "Oh good" she says "I love to eat cloud"


We also went to office max where I got a few things to attempt to organize our WAY TOO LARGE amounts of mail. So far it's working quite nicely. There were many more things we did that day I'm sure of it because I remember Thursday being quite the emotionally and physically draining day, I do remember I handled it well though. Kudos for me. When we arrived home, there was a package waiting on the front step. It was addressed to Mary and Lacy (me and my mom) Inside was this LOVELY and UPLIFTING bouquet of flowers, along with a very sweet note and a pretty aqua vase. My sister's sweet husband sent them to us for mothers day. Isn't silly and amazing how nice beautiful flowers can make you feel? They look even better today because many of the buds have opened up. My favorites are the orange Gerber daisies, I don't think they're showing in this picture. Happy early mothers' day to all!


Friday--We woke up early (with very small amounts of sleep) and Me and the kids, my parent's, and my brother all headed to Idaho Falls for Janet's funeral. We only headed out 1/2 hour BEHIND schedule, not too bad. Derek had to work before we would be home and Conny went to school and we would pick her up from a friend's house when we got back. On the way there we stopped at a truck stop and as I changed the boy, my mom changed her clothes into more funeral appropriate clothes. After we had been in the car for a while my mom said, "at the truck stop I noticed there was a little jean purse with my stuff, I didn't recognize it so I left it there, it wasn't yours was it?" I though quite hard..nope, I don't have anything that I would call a jean purse. Good she said. We went on our merry way to Idaho Falls. My brother and I were practicing our song. Every little thing was funny to us and it wasn't going as we had hoped, but we were enjoying ourselves non the less. We started out for the 3rd time because he were laughing so much or kept getting something wrong. near the end it just wasn't working so I stopped and said I think we need to start much lower, I think it's a little too high for both of us, all though you're sounding much better than I am" My 4 yr old who was in the seat in front of us said " no he's not" we both just burst out laughing "thanks Jade" he said between giggles. "She clarified by saying, well he doesn't he doesn't know the words" don't you love the honesty of little kids? The funeral was really nice and I enjoyed finding our more about her. I always just knew her as my nieces granny who had tiny feet and made porcelain dolls. She was quite the petite thing. When I was 10 I was quite taller than she and wore the same size shoe she did. I forgot my dress shoes for my nieces baptism and she had some extra high heels in the car. I felt so cool because I got to wear 3" heels.
So our song went really well. I enjoyed seeing family I don't see very often. I was so excited that I had my camera to capture memories that I'll never have again. I went out to the van to get it and COULD NOT FIND IT. After searching EVERYWHERE it could possibly be, a terrible thought came to my mind. Someone could possibly describe my camera case as a little jean purse. However it's black, has a big camera loop hanging out of it and is the size of a thick credit card. I went back inside with a cloud of dread hanging over me and asked my mom if that mysterious jean purse was about this big (holding up my hands) and black? she confirmed. She felt HORRIBLE when I told her it was my digital camera. We stopped at that same rest are on the way home and it wasn't there. Well, I hope someone enjoys it. SADNESS. My mom still feels terrible about it. She was sitting by me and just accidentally picked it up when she scooped up her dress clothes to change in to. She didn't recognize it when she saw it in the bathroom so she left it there since we were in a hurry (due to our leaving behind schedule). It's not that big of deal, but I am very sad to miss capturing my picture a day moments. I am also glad that I had gotten in the habit of unloading my pictures every day. That way I didn't lose any precious memories. Minus the loss of my camera, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

OH GIRL! That is TERRIBLE!! I don't know what I would do without a camera....do I see a BRILLIANT mother's day gift idea for your hubby??? :) I hope you get another one soon...

Glad you are getting caught up! I have had a hard time keeping up with COMMENTING / reading posts--so I am almost there..

Oh...LOVED what your little girl did for you.How wonderful that she recognized that today IS your day and did soemthign special! What a great girl!