Monday, May 5, 2008

Yesterdays

note on last nights post -- I posted quickly because I had barely sat down to unload my pictures when Derek asked me to come watch the 'surprise' movie he had gotten for me with him. So I had to move quick like a bunny, and I was successful. Don't want husband thinking blog time is more important than him time. He has this thing about wanting the movies he picks out for us to be a secret. He doesn't like me to know until it starts. Last nights movie was Juno. It was alot different than I had anticipated. It was very...real I think, just straightforward. all in all we both liked it. We thought that it might have portrayed the pregnant teenager thing a little too easy in parts, but I did like how they made it look hopeful for someone who might be in that situation, but realistically HARD and definitely not optimal. I hope our next movie is 27 Dresses or The Waitress :) Yes I do like a good chick-flick. Oh, just because it came to my mind, we watched I Am Legend a few weeks ago. I think that I would have preferred not watching it. I think that I would have rather read the book, or had someone summarize it for me so I could broaden my view pints to that theory without watching the movie. I found it haunting. More in particular, I found the additional comic book parts for the other countries haunting. So if you do rent that movie and are easily affected by movies as am I, I would recommend NOT watching the additional parts.
note for spider post -- She has seen Charlotte's web. It was when it was in the theaters. She did like it. She IS quite the funny girl. As of now she's very well rounded. The only thing she doesn't like is being sticky for very long...and losing :) She's still working on her sportsmanship. She is very girly and loves dress-up, jewelry, make-up, nail polish, tea parties, the works. She describes herself this way "I like girl stuff and boy stuff." She loves ALL critters, cars, action figures, sports (she can actually throw a perfect spiral, is her daddy's biggest basketball fan, and frequently tags along at the golf course with her golf set and all), dirt, and especially dinosaurs. She really enjoys being my soochef (sp?) in the kitchen and my gardening partner. She'll turn anything into a race and will keep 'bending' the rules until she's the winner, or it's a tie :) I'm getting off subject of the spider comment but I just love talking about her. She thirsts for knowledge and soaks it up. She has an excellent memory and thrives in the spotlight. As long as mommy or daddy is there for her to smile at, she'll, talk sing, or dance anywhere. She gave a talk on "All human beings male and female are created in the image of God, each is a spiritual son or daughter of Heavenly parents, and as such each has a divine nature and destiny" in primary for church. She memorized that entire quote and said the rest of her talk, about how everyone is a child of God, so well wth only a few reminders from me. I directed the preparation of her talk but I let her fill in the specifics. She had 3 pictures (one of Jordan, one of her cousin Jostyn, and one of Conny.) She held up one and then said who they were, something about them, and that he/she is a child of God, and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ loves her/him very much. For Jostyn she pointed out that he sometimes likes to play different games than her and that he goes to a different church then she does. then she said "he is a child of God and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love him very much." for Conny she said that "on the outside she looks like a grown up, but on the inside she's like a kid. She doesn't talk the way most people do, she talks with her hands, it's called sign language" "She's a Child of God and...etc." After she held up each picture and talked about them she said "we may be old or young, boy or girl, live here or in different countries, and all like to do different things, but we are all children of Heavenly Father and he loves us very much" She did such a good job! she spoke slowly, loudly and clearly and smiled when appropriate. I was so proud of her. All of the primary kids really understood the concept and the older kids were especially impressed, It helped them realize that if a 4 yr old could give a talk from memory then they should be able to also. Since then she's wanted to give a talk every Sunday :)

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

Glad you had a movie night with the hubby. We watched Juno a few weeks ago and HATED IT! Real or not, we just didn't like the language and feeling it brought in our home. Kind of a bummer.

THAT BEING SAID- (please remember it's just OUR/MY opinion...not how everyone else thinks)I really didn't care for 27 dresses either. It was such a cute idea...such a cute movie...but the LANGUAGE was SOOO hard to get through! And everyone sleeping with everyone really ruined it for me. Just not a movie I would see again--but you might think different. I would love to hear another take on it!

Enjoy your fun dates with your hubby--sometimes it really IS so fun to just snuggle and watch a movie! :)