Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wedneday's info on a Thursday

Wednesday: Derek had finals today from 10-4. My cousin Kari also had finals from 4-6. I had only worked 1 hour so far this week, due to fishing Monday and Derek's sick Tuesday, and desperately needed to get more hours in today..but when? The solution was for Kari to come over and watch my kids while D had finals and I worked. Then I watched her kids from 4-6 while she took finals (and Derek went to work).

This is my friend/co-worker L. eating an orange hehehe. Nice candid shot huh? She wasn't very impressed. :) She's from Bosnia. Just to let you know. I get to learn fun Bosnian words and maybe someday her mommy will teach me how to make yummy European cakes!


I had to take a 'break' at 11:30 and take Conny to the doctor. It was the only time they could get her in and I was worried about the increasing swelling in her knee and the fact that she wouldn't put weight on it. This is her getting an x-ray. Besides her normal little games she likes to play, it went really well. Conny knee x-rays are MUCH easier than cat scans --that's a tricky one, let me tell ya. Her x-rays were clean. She has fluid on her knee and some stiffness and creaking happening, I can't remember the 'technical' term the doc used. We're supposed to keep her off it as much as possible 'good luck with that one lacy', ice it 4 times a day, and give her the anti-inflammatory drugs for 2 weeks, if it's not better by then she will see an orthopedic doc.

On the way home from work I made a quick stop to take back our bottles and get more milk. We've recently started purchasing local milk from Cloverfield Dairy. Why? Well, I think the bottles are cute. hahaha, no seriously, I like that it cuts down on waste, I'm supporting local workers, I like that their whole milk isn't homogenized, and the fact that the bottles are cute and glass actually does make me happy when I open my fridge.

See...?

Jadelyn and Jordan came with me to the Cultural Celebration Practice at the church. They were both VERY WELL behaved. I also like hearing all the teenagers whispering about how adorable my kids are. The music director asked if Jade was brave I said yes, because well, she's brave. Then she had Jadelyn sing in the front of the whole group with her as she was teaching s the sign language to a popular primary song. She did a great job. She really loved it when we sang Rockin' Robin and sang along with us. She and I have been singing it at home. We are singing quite frequently at home, unfortunately I don't get to sing as much as I'd like because she's seems to think I need HER permission :) I sing all day long, where ever I am..work, grocery store, car.. and my 4 year old is the only one with the nerve to say, "mom will you please stop that." But she's more telling me than asking me :)

As you've probably noticed, I'm a day behind on my record jeeping. It's gonna hve to stay that way at least one more night because I'm a sleepy girl. We had a very full day and another one planned for tomorrow. We're going to Idaho Falls early in the am for my half sister's mom's funeral. sound a little confusing? My brother and I are singing at it so I need my rest.

G'night!

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey, who's conny??

And I DO love your milk jars. SOOOO cute! What a great way to go green!! :)

I hope the funeral went okay and your musical number went well. I bet you did great!!