Today the entire fam (Conny too, but no Phoenix & Aries) went to Wendover to drop off our last puppy and see Derek's sister. It took us way too long to get out of the house as usual, but allot of my last minute preparations turned out to be quite needed while we were there.
On our way out we stopped in Twin Falls at Derek's cousins' carwash and bake sale they were doing to raise money for camp NBA. Aunt Rhonda had made some turle cookie that looked way to good not to buy, so we bought some. Even though I really didn't ewant to, I abstained from eating a cookie since it's not on my list for the day. However, I've commited to myself and Jadelyn that we will get that recipe and make them in 4 days.
Jadelyn finally earned her surprise. she's been working on it for a little over 2 weeks and we've seen so many improvementsin her attitude and listening skills. We gave her the surprise this morning. It was an easy bake oven. We took it with us to Wendover but I was not in the mood to figure it out so after a lakf hour of trying, we decided to do it later at home. I think it's way too simple and complicated at the same time. Once we get it goind she will love it. She's VERY excited to be the chef and me the soo chef.
I finally got to see Derek's sister's baby who was born in February. He is BEAUTIFUL.
Before we left Wendover Jadelyn and Derek had to make a quick stop off road for some lizzard hunting. Jordan was asleep so he, conny, and I stayed in the van while they went on their adventure. I feel asleep so I don't relaly know how long they were gone but I think it was like an hour an a half. They were just having so much fun. They brought us back their catches of the day so Jordan could see a lizard and I could congratulate them. Jadelyn was holding a ring necked lizard (who was quite feisty and bit her twice - no venim and little discomfort) Derek and a blue belly lizard. Shortly after we let them go and everyone got back in the van, Derek spied a horny toad from through the window. He got out and grabbed it up. That's what he really wanted to show Jadelyn. She loved it. Derek and Jadelyn really had a good time. She was beaming and as so proud of her self for her excellent hiking skills and superior lizard spotting eye. Derek just absoultely loved hunting reptiles with his daughter. Of course I was scared to death that Derek had fallen off a rock or was bitten by a rattle snake and Jadelyn was lost in the rocks of Wendover somewhere. I went searching for them once and find them safe and sound hunting their blue bellied lizzard. When I told Derek of my fear he said "Lacy, you know me better thant hat" That's right, he's immune to falling off rocks and being bitten by poisonous snakes. He's a pro you know :) *wink*
There as quite a bit of driving today but we really enjoyed one another's company and had a good day.
Today is my dad's birthday and he'll be here tomorrow, so I have big plans for a carrot cake. I do make a mean carrot cake. Whether or not I'm going to be having any...I have not quite decided. We will see who is stronger, the cake or my fat burning diet. (I wonder if the carrot cake will still be yummy in 4 days)
1 comment:
Way to go Jade and her lizard find. Sounds fun!
Post a Comment