Friday, April 25, 2008

Brutal Hair Brushing (4)












These are the left over tears from grooming. She hadn't had her hair brushed all day. Derek brought the kids in to me when I got off work and he was on his way to work. It's the tag your it parenting philosophy (not our favorite). Yes, her hair was not brushed and quite box car children -ish. So tonight after teeth brushing it was time for hair brushing. She was very well behaved but the huge tangles in the middle (from all the wind today on top of the no brushing) caught us both off guard and caused quite the tears. I thought she was so adorable so I had to get it on camera. Not to mention the fact that the hair brushing tantrums might become unbelieved if I don't have proof. Once I started taking pictures she was able to start changing her attitude and instead of going from sad to mad, she went from sad ...to sweet..to bed. (she loves the camera)
I promise one of these days you'll see her where her hair is actually done :)
p.s. Kim (or others too), any great hair brushing advice? I do my best to hold the hair in my hand so it pulls my hand and not her head. Most of the time she screams just because she thinks it's gonna hurt, then I'm frustrated because of the screaming so I just go for it to get it over with. Probably not the best solution :)
When I'm really on top of my game (which is rare) we pretend beauty shop. I usually forget though or am in a hurry though. She LOVES to get her hair done at the salon and wouldn't you know that she's a perfect angel there. I don't know if they just have the technique or she likes to be brave for them and difficult for mom.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I can't believe she is generally so good for you while you brush her hair. Once we even bring out the brush, Jenna starts screaming! :) I have often told her I was just going to brush until she had a hard head and wouldn't scream anymore! :) Mainly because I get so annoyed at the screams without a reason!! :)

She does look SO precious though. What a sweet girl.

Cassie and Mark said...

Lacy! Hello! I am so glad you have a blog and that I found it. Jadelyn is beautiful! I have only seen her once and she was only a few months old. I look forward to frequently checking your blog for updates on your cute family!
Cassie B

Kimberlee said...

Oh so sad, yet so cute. Hair brushing is always a battle. Have you tried spritzing on a little leave in conditioner before the battle of the brush?

Lacy said...

no!..good idea! :) thanks