Today was a good ending to the week. After waking up at 6:00 with Jordan boy (much earlier than usual) doing laundry and changing his bedding, I got to go back to sleep with my hubby. The sleeping in - cuddling time just doesn't happen very often and I relished it. But I slept way to long and had to rush like mad to make it to our Relief Society Program at 10:00. I was so glad I went. It was amazing. A group of three very talented women called Heart Bound did the program for us. I might as well not bother doing my makeup when I go to think likes that, it all just gets messed up anyway. Their program focused on the temple quite a bit since our temple is almost done!! It's dedicated in August. I'm involved with the HUGE cultural celebration that will be put on the night before at the Filer Fairgrounds. It's going to be awesome! The theme is Living Waters. It's tying in the History of our valley springing up in the desert because of the snake river we have here --with the Living Waters of Jesus Christ. It's music and dance. There are 14 stakes involved. It's just the youth 12-18 and their leaders, since I'm a leader I get to learn all of the cool stuff too yay! Well, I'll talk more about that in a different blog. After the program we had a luncheon and I sat by allot of ladies from Buhl whom I didn't know. It was great fun. I even got to take lunch home to the fam, which Derek liked, that way he didn't have to cook lunch after all. Then Derek and I did a little clean up and The kids, Conny and I left about the same time He left for work (3:00) We went to the Earth Day celebration held in down town Twin Falls. It ended at 4:30 so we weren't there a super long time but we loved it. Jadelyn got to be a cat-
tail in a play about native and noxious weeds.
I got some helpful hints on composting since that hasn't been going so well for me.
Jadleyn and Conny got their faces painted.
Conny got a butterfly and Jadelyn got a snake.
Afterwards we went to the park, the library, and to Derek's work to show him the magnificent paint jobs since he wouldn't be home until it was all washed off and the girls were in bed.
My truck-driving parents stopped in for a couple hours around 9:00 that was nice.
I got a little bit of cleaning done today, but definitely not as much as I like to on Saturdays. :(
clean house or no clean house, it was a good day.
4 comments:
I have heard of that group--what a fun time!
Hey--is that YOU by the back of the car?? I don't know if I have seen a pic of you and certainly don't remember what you look like from my reception. :)CAN YOU BLAME ME??
Anyway, if so, nice to see a pic of you!! :)And I am especially glad you had a good day!
yup, that's me with my free pansies. NO, certainly can't blame you, ou had just gotten married, you're still in that wedding blur and plus you probably met TONS of new afces that day. :)
What a fun weekend, and look how cute you are with your free pansies.
It sounds like you had a wonderful day! You look great!
Post a Comment