O.K. This picture doesn't fit in with the post title, but my daughter is adorable and I wanted to add it. She so badly wanted to be something scary for Halloween. She was the cutest Raggedy Ann ever for the church party and I really wanted her to be that again. She had her heart set on something scary. So...(15 min before our planned trick or treating time) I hobbled downstairs (still recovering from c-section) and undressed a decoration witch. Jadelyn was ecstatic because she got a cape. I painted her face and she loved how scary she looked. Derek said that all the older kids thought she looked AWESOME and the younger kids were terrified. She loved it when someone was afraid of her. That's my Jadelyn for you., actually, I think that's more like Derek's Jadelyn :)
Yesterday morning Jadelyn and I were waking Derek up in the usual doggy pile way. As we all hung out on the bed in a strangely comfortable position somehow we got on the subject of what sounds letters make and words that start with each letter. We turned it into a little quiz game which Jade loved and was good at. I said, "what's a word that starts with 'T'" she though for a moment and said t t top. "very good! Now, who is someone on Winnie the Pooh whose name starts with the letter T" She thought longer this time and said t t t tistopher Robin" . . . too cute :) - her cr combination often debut's as a 't' sound
Our church service is right during Jordan's nap time. Since he likes to 'sing' his self to sleep, I took him to the foyer as too not be so disruptive. Derek was at work and quite-rambunctious-Jadelyn and me-too-Conny followed us out. After we were in the foyer for a few minutes, a young boy (unfamiliar to me) came out of the chapel and quietly sat on the couch in front of us. Jadelyn knew him from her Sunday school class (which means he's 4 or 5) and couldn't resist the urge to play a little. He was dancing around with her in the foyer when he turned to me and said " I can wipe my own butt you know" lol "I go like this" then he demonstrated" I was quite taken off guard and said "good for you".
Our church service is right during Jordan's nap time. Since he likes to 'sing' his self to sleep, I took him to the foyer as too not be so disruptive. Derek was at work and quite-rambunctious-Jadelyn and me-too-Conny followed us out. After we were in the foyer for a few minutes, a young boy (unfamiliar to me) came out of the chapel and quietly sat on the couch in front of us. Jadelyn knew him from her Sunday school class (which means he's 4 or 5) and couldn't resist the urge to play a little. He was dancing around with her in the foyer when he turned to me and said " I can wipe my own butt you know" lol "I go like this" then he demonstrated" I was quite taken off guard and said "good for you".

No comments:
Post a Comment