Saturday, April 19, 2008

Our New Puppies


Our Rotties, Phoenix and Aries, had a litter of 8 puppies the beginning of March – 3 males, 5 females. It was a really amazing experience. I would have preferred it not start @ 1am and end @ 8am, but hey, they make their own schedule. They are adorable..and stinky...and allot of work. We do love them though. We won't be keeping any of this littler sadly and happily enough (mixed emotions there). We have 1 male and 4 females still available if anyone knows of anyone who wants beautiful AKC rottweilers (just thought I'd throw that out there).
It's fun to note their individual personalites. Once they didn't need it quite so warm we moved them to the garage. We made this room for them borderd by hay bales and wood. We keep it tall enought that none can get out over the top. The littlest one, Tiny, the one with the purple collar, always finds a way to escape through some little, preciously non existent gap. None of the others seem to care, but she'll come looking for us. Every time we go in the garage, guess who is out, yup, Tiny. She can get out really quickly actually, but she can't seem to get back in. Once she's done roaming around she sits by the hay bale and wines to get back in with her brothers and sisters. It's funny. You can definitely tell she's a thinker, detirmined too, just like her mama. (Phoenix, not me hehe)

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What cute puppies!! I am so glad you stopped by my blog! Please feel free to check back in--it is so nice to reconnect with family! :)

Will add you to my list of fellow bloggers! :) Have a great day!

Lacy said...

Yay! my first comment. Thanks!! and I will visit frequently :)

Lara said...

Oh my goodness! They are so cute. If I didn't already have two dogs I would get one from you. I love rotties. They are the best family dogs.