Wednesday, April 30, 2008

bye bye puppy, bye bye trees

Our puppies will be 8 wks old on Fri so this is the week most of them will go to their new homes. This morning, the first puppy left. It was kind of sad, Phoenix wasn't very happy about it at all. It will be sad to have their sweetness and fluffiness gone, however there is plenty that I WON'T miss :) Today we also said good bye to some trees. My mom left for women's Conference in Provo Utah today and won't be back until Saturday or Sunday. Since his trucking partner, and car, are gone, my dad is hanging around here. There were 3 trees in the front lawn that just didn't make it through the winter. He chopped those down today. He also chopped down one that DID make it through the winter; a very nice peach tree with beautiful pink blossoms. Sure, one of it's branches had died, but just one. He said it will be fine and he'll put another great tree in it's place. I think he got saw happy. For now the trees are still in our yard, they're are just horizonatal instead of vertical. As soon as we get a truck to hall it all off then we will truly say, bye bye trees.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Awwww.....cute little puppies and you had to say goodbye!!! But you're right, lots to not miss...no matter how cute! :)

Kimberlee said...

If it makes you feel any better we are trying to find our trees under all the snow that fell last night! Seriously...it's May 1st, I don't know how much more of this I can take!!

Lacy said...

wow really? and I was complaining because the last 3 days have been so windy that wearing a dress just isn't decent. I had to wear my sacraf, gloves, and heavy coat today it was so cold...but we dont have snow. I guess i should count that blessing. :) lol...poor snow covered trees.